Our skin deserves some special care and pampering as we age. Considering that the very first signs of aging appear on the face, an anti-ageing spa facial can do wonders to our skin. There are some basic steps involved in such facial packages, with ingredients targeted to mature or aging skin. These facial treatments are apt for women over 40. However, even women in their late 30’s can consider a high-quality anti-ageing facial for preventive benefits. After 30, the skin already starts showing maturity; it’s the best time to begin.
Is Anti-Aging Facial Needed?
With age, our skin becomes dryer and thinner. Collagen loss is mainly to blame for such changes; collagen is a skin protein, mainly responsible for the plump appearance and suppleness of skin. Elastin, on the other hand, is another skin protein that maintains skin elasticity. As we age, the healthy skin cells take time to migrate and reach the uppermost skin layer, thereby making our appearance dull and gloomy. Obviously, our skin is more exposed to several elements, such as sunlight, pollution, heat and dust, which bring age spots and wrinkles very quickly.
Anti-ageing facial and spa treatments can clear out these problems to give you a flawless complexion and skin tone. Most of these facial packages would normally include collagen masks, chemical peels, and a special serum with vitamin C, hyaluronic acid and antioxidants. These ingredients, in combination, will cleanse your skin, exfoliate and remove dead cells, and nourish your skin to make your look and feel hydrated.your look and feel hydrated.
Basic Steps Involved in Anti-Aging Facial
- Cleaning: The first step to any facial treatment is thorough skin cleansing. A cream-based cleansing lotion will be applied to the face, which will be removed using cotton pads or sponge, to make your skin cleaner and clearer.
- Skin Analysis: In the next step, your skin will be analyzed to determine your skin type and problem areas. Fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, black heads, acne and pimples – everything is in the radar.
- Exfoliation: It is a very important step that clears out dead skin cells from your face. A chemical or mechanical exfoliate is used for this purpose. Mechanical exfoliation has a grainy texture, which eliminates chunks of dead cells from the skin rapidly. Chemical peel is often used as a stand-alone exfoliation treatment.
- Extraction: Whiteheads and blackheads will be extracted from the skin in this part of facial. Mature skin is likely to have large and unsightly blackheads that have to be removed completely.
- Facial Massage: At a spa, the anti-ageing facial massage is the most soothing experience you can have. Classic strokes will enable you to relax while your facial muscles are stimulated.
- Facial Mask: After the massage, a facial mask will be applied to your skin, targeting your skin type.
- Final Touch: Finally, the facial is completed up on application of serums, protective reams and toners. You can choose what to apply and what to avoid.
Effectiveness of Anti-Aging Facials
Anti-aging facials are quite effective; especially in giving you a glowing complexion. However, you have to continue this exercise for months to see any visible changes on your skin. Also, it is necessary to follow a steady home care regime for your skin.