Sun, Sea and Shopping!
Top 5 wellbeing escapes destinations for mind body and soul relaxation.
Of course, a spa retreat offers a lot in relaxation of the mind, body and soul, especially after a strenuous year of stress and pressure from everyday life. Spa products such as aromatherapy massages, a detox programme and my personal favourite relaxing in the Hammam baths go a long way to wellbeing but to compliment a spa retreat you also need the sunshine, the sea and no relaxation is complete without good old-fashioned retail therapy.
So what are the top 5 destinations in the world that offer good sunshine all year round, clean sea and beaches with great shopping locations and an added bonus, an excellent spa to complete the holiday.
I have been around the world on spa retreats, adventure holidays, sunning on a beach and shopping looking for bargains and only a few spa destinations can boast all the ingredients for my description of total wellness. However, I have found five destinations that meet my expectations. See below my top 5 places for spa treatments, sunshine, magnificent beaches, and a great shopping experience all to help you feel good and look your very best.
1. Koh Samui, Thailand – With some of the best beach shopping experiences in the world and Chaweng has 6 kilometres of shops!
2. Kerala, India – A fantastic spa and Ayurvedic destination with so much culture to explore
3. Dubai, UAE – Hot throughout the year and awesome for designer wear in the vast shopping malls
4. Alicante, Spain – Offers a great spa experience and surprisingly so close to home
5. St Lucia, Caribbean – beautiful beaches and a vast array of activities to keep you fit and excited.