This luxury spa holiday in beautiful Malaysia starts off in the nation’s bustling capital Kuala Lumpur, with a stay at the five star Mandarin Oriental right next to the world-famous Petronas Twin Towers. Revitalize after your journey with treatments in the hotel’s exclusive spa before exploring this fascinating city. Fly onwards to the tropical island of Langkawi for a five night stay at the Four Seasons Resort on the peaceful north coast next to the clear waters of the Andaman Sea. Embark upon your inclusive programme of spa therapies, with treatments in secluded pavilions next to tranquil reflection pools. Spend the rest of your stay in Langkawi relaxing on the white sand or discovering the island’s natural beauty.
SPA DETAILSMandarin Oriental
The Mandarin Oriental’s spa, with its soothing earth tones and warm lighting, features an extensive range of treatments. It offers 10 treatment rooms and a private consultation room, a relaxation lounge plus an infinity-edge pool. The heat and water oasis includes hot and cold plunge pools, saunas and steam rooms. Healthy spa cuisine is also available at the resort to complement your holistic programme.
The Wellness Bliss in Beautiful Malaysia itinerary includes the following treatments at Mandarin Oriental:
- Thai Herbal Energiser - this traditional 1 hour and 50 minute hot Thai massage combines mandarin and peppermint essential oils to leave you refreshed and invigorated
Traditional Malay Massage - a pampering 50-minute treatment that using the concept of moving wind, working rhythmically to enhance circulation and restore the body’s natural balance
Ocean Waters – a 1 hour and 50 minute body treatment of pure indulgence. After a spirulina foot ritual and stimulating foot rub an exfoliating sea salt rub invigorates your skin and a massage helps to remove the body’s toxins. A marine wrap encourages further removal of harmful toxins before your skin is moisturized with luxurious lotions
Four Seasons Resort
The extensive spa centre features an exhaustive range of treatments, and also includes a yoga and meditation pavilion. Its six secluded spa pavilions have a backdrop of granite, limestone and reflection pools, and feature tropical woods, handcrafted ceilings and graceful Asian design.
The Wellness Bliss in Beautiful Malaysia itinerary includes the following treatments at Four Seasons Langkawi:
Urut Melayu Malay Massage - hour-long treatment using a medium to firm pressure, utilizing fragrant herbal oils and rhythmic traditional movements to send you into a blissfully relaxed state
- Asian Fusion Massage - combines the best in regional massage techniques from Malaysia, India, Thailand and China. Using tension-relieving stretches and kneading along with aromatic oils your body will be left invigorated and relaxed
- The three-hour indulgence of the Shanti, Shanti, Shanti therapies. Spend an hour with the resort’s Indian Yogi, working with breathing, meditation and stretching techniques and then head to the massage table for an ayurvedic Shirodhara treatment, Indian herbal oil massage and eastern Reiki practices. Step into a gentle steam and shower before refreshing yourself with a spicy cup of Indian spi chai to emerge completely peaceful and balanced
- Sunset Yoga session - follow the chandra namaskar moon salutation postures to create a natural inner calmness
- Sundar Nirvana Ritual – a blissful three-hour treatment which starts with an abhyanga oil massage and herbal body polish and rose and lavender mask to enliven the mind and body. Next the marma pressure points on the head are gently massaged and then you will head for a steam and shower. Your body will be anointed with natural gotu kola and kukui before you finish with a soothing herbal tea
Four Seasons Resort also offers a range of yoga classes in private sessions or groups to suit all levels and needs, at the yoga pavilion or elsewhere in the resort. Start or end the day with sunrise or sunset yoga, try aqua yoga, work on pranayama breathing exercises or learn the set patterns of traditional asana movements:
- Sunrise yoga – follow the 12 dynamic postures of the surya namaska sun salutation to revitalise your body and start your day on a positive note. The movements are performed in a steady, rhythmic pattern, designed to build strength and flexibility
- Aqua yoga
- Yoga breathing (pranayama) and meditation
- Sunset yoga
- Yoga asanas